So I have never been one to make New Year's resolutions. Mainly because I know I won't keep them. I know that there are lots of things that I need or want to do. There is eating better, exercising more, reading more, get back into writing, finishing my AIC classes, etc. I could go on and on. But I don't need to sit here and make a list of stuff that I resolve to do.
My Facebook news feed has been filled all day with your resolutions, thoughts about the past year, ideas for the new year and ways to capture what happens. And don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with doing any of these things. Some of you have some great ideas, real motivations, and great desires to start new. I get it. More then anything I would like 2014 to be different. I think that we can all agree that 2013 was rough. But in reality. What year isn't. There is always something. That's what life is all about.
But what I need to do and what I can do is just remind myself that I am human. I am not perfect. I will make mistakes. I won't accomplish everything that I want. I will continue to eat ice cream. I will continue sit on my sofa and watch TV instead of going for a walk. I will continue to over schedule myself. And I will forget to savor and capture the moment.
But one thing that I can do is just breathe. I know that I can live. I can laugh. I can love. I am surrounded my co-workers, friends, family and loved ones that are on this journey called life with me. And I treasure each and every one of you.
So cheers to all of you. Happy New Year. Here's to a year that will be filled with life, laughter and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment