Friday, January 3, 2014

Blessed

So this is why I don't make New Years Resolutions.  It is the 3rd day of the year.  Have I been working out? No.  I have eaten healthier?  No.  Well unless a small side salad with dinner last night counts.  Have I done anything different? No.

And you know, that's okay.  Just because it is a new year doesn't mean I actually have to do anything different.  I get up, go to work, come home, eat, and then go to sleep.  Well, there will be days when volunteering, small group, teaching, taking my online classes and other things will be mixed in.  But my life is basically the same.

And I am okay with that.

I am going to steal this quote from a wise women's Facebook page: (Thanks Mama Cook)

"A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are."

I don't know where she got the quote, but I like it.  I am blessed.  I have a roof over my head to protect me from the bitter cold outside.  I have a fridge and panty full of food.  I have a job to go to during the week.  I have a car that gets me places (now granted its old and has a lot of miles on it, but it goes).  I have people that love me.  I have furry babies that curl up with me and keep me warm.

I have a lot of things.  I don't necessarily need to make any changes to my life.  Are there things that I want to do? Yes.  Do I need to exercise more? Yes.  Do I need to eat healthier? Yes.  And the list can go on and on.  But I think I have discovered what my focus will be this year.

I am going to focus on the fact that I am Blessed.  God has put me through the ringer the past 3 1/2 years.  A lot has happened.  A lot of changes have occurred.   There has been both joy and sadness.  But through it all I have always had what I needed.   I have always been Blessed.

And because I am Blessed, I think the living, laughing and loving will just come natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment