See, I told you I needed a social secretary....
So Wednesday I met match #3 for drinks and dinner after work. We work just a few minutes from each other, so we thought it would be fun to meet somewhere in between our jobs. So we met at this great place called Mez. We sat outside and enjoyed the wonderful weather.
We will call Match #3, Henry.
So Henry and I have been emailing back and forth for a few days now and spent one evening on the phone for about 1 1/2 hours. I know, sorry mom, I don't even talk to you for that long sometimes. When I hung up the phone, I couldn't believe how long it had been. We probably could have talked longer if we hadn't decided to just go ahead and plan to meet up with each other.
Henry is an ex-marine (used to be based at Camp Lejeune) and now works for a pharmeatuical research company here in the RTP. He has two cats, loves wine and brews his own beer. I am starting to see a pattern of the type of guys that I am attracted to.
Match #1 has a degree is material science (google it, you will be impressed), and now Match #3 is a scientist. We will forget about Match #2 -- he was just a teacher --- No offense to my teacher friends.
The date went fairly well. We had a great conversation and I learned that he is one of nine children, all of his family lives in New Jersey, and it was his dad that got him into the cell culture field. However, there is more to an relationship then just conversation, and in this case there just wasn't much of a spark. The next morning I received a text message from him expressing that he shared my opinion and we wished each other the best. No hard feelings or disappointment. But hey, at least I got a nice dinner out of it (and lunch the next day--- gotta love leftovers).
I think I am getting the hang of this whole thing called dating. And for those of you who are wondering, yes match #1 is still in the running.
Love reading the recaps....
ReplyDelete