So October is my favorite month of the year. I wonder why.....
Could it be that the weather is cooler? Or is it the change in colors? Or is it that fact that the heart of football season is here? Or is it because it is the time of year that things at work slow down?
Well, it is all of those plus one more thing...IT'S MY BIRTHDAY MONTH. Now, I will admit that I am a little nervous about my birthday this year. I am hitting a number that just seems so big and makes me feel old. No, the number doesn't end in a zero, but it is right smack in the middle of two that do.
I guess a lot of it has to do with the fact that I am at a point now in my life that I didn't expect myself to ever be in. I also imagined a different life for myself when I reached this age.
But that's okay, here's to a new month, physical healing and hopefully the start of something new.
So on this day when I can finally have a beer, I am toasting the start of October with a Sam Adams Octoberfest. Now I am off to dust off my boots and unpack the sweaters. Yeah, I think that is why I love this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment