Yes I can count..... and no I didn't skip over #4. I will have to explain that one later.
So, tonight I had date #1 with potential match #5. We met for coffee/hot cocoa (because ya'll know that I don't drink coffee - especially not at night) at Barnes and Nobles. I picked the bookstore because we had a great "conversation" the other day about books and I thought it would be a fitting first date.
We will call #5---- David. So David is divorced and has an eight year old daughter from his previous marriage. I have not met her but have seen pictures and she is cute. He sees her every other weekend and a few nights during the week. David works for a telecommunications company in Raleigh as a project manager. He has both an MBA and a B.S. in Chemistry and used to work for a pharmaecutial research company. Told you---- I am starting to see a pattern here.
So a few years ago, David got a little burned out from working all day in a lab and decided to go back to school for his MBA. So he did that while working full time and helping to raise his daughter. He got his current job as a result of going back to school.
Since it was such a nice night, we sat outside and he had a pumpkin latte (well, actually 2) while I enjoyed a hot chocolate (well I had 2 as well) and we talked for 2 1/2 hours. We talked families, jobs, relationships, etc. We probably would still be out there talking if it hadn't started to get a little chilly plus my sinus medication was starting to wear off. So he walked me to my car and we made plans for Saturday.
So stayed tuned for date #2.
Pumpkin spice latte? Yup, got a good feeling about this one. ;)
ReplyDelete