I was the Summit Kids elementary worship leader during the 6 pm service last night. When I normally volunteer in Summit Kids, I just teach what we call a small group or one grade/group of students. But last night I was in charge of the worship time when all of the classes come together as one. So all of the elementary students in K-4 grade were sitting on carpets in the worship room looking up at me.
Being the worship leader meant, I led the songs, I taught the bible story, I introduced the new bible verse for the month, I led the prayer time and I directed the games.
I spent Friday and Saturday planning things out.
![]() |
| My lesson plan |
And I think I did a good job. At least they seem to have fun. I mean come on, I Can Because God Helps Me and Steal the Bible are the best games ever. Yeah I know that last one is a bit of an oxymoron but it was the favorite of the night.
They sang Jump and Believe. They laughed when I forgot some of the motions. Yeah, we aren't a traditional "Southern" Baptist church. We sing AND dance.
However, more importantly, they paid attention. They could answer my questions. No one cried. No one misbehaved. And they all know who Jeremiah is now.
And whew it wore me out. I slept good last night.
And next week, I get to do it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment