Monday, February 3, 2014

Things I Learned While Watching the Super Bowl

So last night was the Super Bowl and I watched the game.  Not so much because I care about either team, but because it is the one event that happens once a year that everyone seems to talk about the next day.  Whether it is something that occurs on the field or a commercial that airs when play is stopped.  And then there is always half time.  You never know when there may be another wardrobe malfunction.

So while I watched the game, I took note of a few things that I learned.


  • That you can make a time machine out of cardboard boxes that is fueled by Doritos.
  • That Chevy can make me laugh during one commercial and then cry during the second.
  • That Maserati is an underdog.
  • That 5-0 looks more like a baseball score then a football score 3/4 of the way through the first quarter of a football game.
  • That Cheerios can help tell you that you are getting a baby brother but more importantly get you a puppy.
  • Conformation that Radio Shack has been stuck in the 80's.  
  • That even Peyton Manning, one of the most talented players in the NFL, can have a bad day.
  • That there is a German engineer out there with angel wings because my VW Passat has over 100,000 miles on it.
  • That Spiderman, Captain American and The Transformers are all going to save the world this year.
  • That JACK BAUER is back.
  • That the Muppets will always make me laugh, no matter how old I get.
  • That GoldieBlox is awesome..... Not all girls want pink toys.  
  • That Winter Park Florida is the bomb, not just because I used to hang out there and know that it is a really cool place, but because of the Bud commercial that made me cry.  All of our service members are heros and deserve a hero's welcome when they come home.
  • That Honda is right, we all need to hug our friends, family and neighbors more often.
  • Yes, I will gladly let Germany brew my beer, but right now, my car was made there too.  Maybe I will let my next one be built by America.
  • Yes, we all know that Tim Tebow does not currently have a contract to play football.

and finally

  • That I had to wait until 2 min left in the game to cry over the puppy and clydesdale commercial.  

However, the added bonus to watching the game........

Bruno Mars with an appearance by the Red Hot Chili Peppers ROCKED it during Halftime.  Good job NFL and Pepsi (even though I am a Coca-Cola girl).

So I had been hoping for a much better game, but the Broncos just couldn't get it done.  Congratulations to Russell Wilson.  I did cheer for him when he was at NC State and maybe its a good thing he choose football over baseball.

So now I am left to wonder if Peyton is going to hang up his cleats now.

No comments:

Post a Comment