Thursday, February 6, 2014

I Am A Princess

So I am sure that you have seen the quiz on Facebook --  Which Disney Princess are you?  Well I had seen it a few times so I finally clicked on the link and did the quiz and here is my result: 

Which Disney Princess Are You?


You are Belle. You are strong, deep, and you are not a slave to petty superficial things. You are independent and allow yourself to see inner beauty without sacrificing your values. You are almost too good of a person.

And I totally see the it.  I really am a lot like Belle.  I am a normal girl who doesn't mind the quiet and loves to curl up with a good book.  I always find the good in people and every girls loves with the dishes clean themselves.   What girl wouldn't love for the household items to cook, clean and entertain.  Remember, I am not afraid to admit that I can't cook and I hate to clean.      

Belle and I
Every girl dreams of being a princess.  Every girl dreams about the Beast turning into a handsome Prince.  Or Prince Charming coming to save them from the attic and place that glass slipper on your foot.  Or even Aladdin arriving on the magic carpet.   Or a boat ride with the fish singing to the Prince to kiss the girl.  I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea.  

Every girls dreams about that one kiss that will change everything.  But have you ever wondered that in all of the Disney princess stories, why it is all about the kiss?  What's so special about a kiss.

Well, I don't know about you, but I remember the first time I kissed a boy.  Well, I guess he actually kissed me first.   And he didn't turn into a Prince and I didn't immediately get to live happily ever after. I mean come on, I was in preschool. 

Now don't get me wrong.  I didn't expect that boy to turn into a prince and I haven't expected any other boy since that time to turn into a Prince.  But I have always expected the boys (and later men) in my life to treat me like a princess.

Now that's doesn't mean that there hasn't been one or two or three along the way that haven't broken my heart.  A broken heart I think is a right of passage for a girl.  Every girl needs to have their heart broken.  At least once.   It's a way to learn.  It's a way to develop character.  It's a way to come to understand what it means to really love and to be loved.

So what does it mean to be treated like a princess?  It's not about lots of expensive presents, fancy dinners, exotic trips or huge houses.  What it means is respect, trust, a door to be held open, a nice home cooked meal (remember I don't cook), someone to watch my Tarheels play with, dates to church and promises kept.

So as my search for my prince starts again, I wonder what will happen the next time I get a kiss. I mean, Disney tells me that the magic is all in that first kiss. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment