Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

So, I know that Valentine's Day was yesterday, but I didn't want to post this until my day was over and it wasn't over until really late.

Here is a little valentine poem for you:

Roses are red, tulips are white, last year my assistant got roses, this year I got three plus some tulips too.  And they were wrapped in a hug by a bear.   I think I have the best valentine. 

Okay, so I know that that doesn't rhyme, but it's my blog, I can write what I want.   

The bear is even cuter in person
And that was just the start of my day.   It only got better from there.

First off, Pandora kept me in a very lovely mood by the music they choose to play.   Not sure if they did it on purpose, but every song kept the smile on my face.  

Secondly, all of the girls ohhh'd and ahhh’d over my flowers and the goodies that D made for me to bring into the office.   Let’s just say, that I have some co-workers wishing that they could clone D.   And I went home with two very empty pans. 

Thirdly, my girl scout cookies were delivered.

Yummy, my two favorites
Fourthly, I got home to find a stuffed envelope in my mailbox with a card and my annual new pair of valentine socks.  Love you mom and dad!


Then after dining alone, yeah, I know, it is Valentine's Day and I shouldn't have to dine alone.....but it was okay.... I ate leftovers that D made last night, so I technically still didn't have to do any cooking....unless putting a plate in the microwave is considered cooking.... I headed over to D's place to join him and his other Valentine for dessert.  (Yeah, I know that is so a run on sentence)   See, there was a valid reason for dining alone.

(He had taken K out to dinner at Chick-fil-a and then to Build-A-Bear for their annual Valentine's Day date)

The three of us exchanged Valentines and then enjoyed hot chocolate with our candy while talking about our plans for this weekend.

Overall, it was a wonderful day and I can only imagine that every year it is going to get better.

I hope that every one's day was filled with love.   

No comments:

Post a Comment