On Thursday, my dear friends, that I have a regular standing dinner reservation with, had me over for dinner. Our favorite restuarant, Gravy, was featured on TV earlier this week and since we could not make it to the viewing party at Gravy, we taped the show with the intent to watch it at a later time.
So on Thursday, I was cooked a fabulous meal consisting of fish, aparagus, figs with goat cheese and yummy lemon goodness with ice cream for dessert. We sat in their living room and watched Ludo Bites which featured our favorite Empire Eats restuarants, Gravy, The Pit and the now closed Fai Thai.
And then after work on Friday, I joined the my favorite family in Garner for playtime, dinner and ice cream. I adore their children and I will shamefully admit that I think that they love me too. We raced cars across the playroom floor, made music on the piano, recorder and keyboard, and played multiple games of hide and seek. After a great meal of fajitas, we all went out for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery. However, I think the children actually wore more of the ice cream then they ate. Hence the need for bath time once we got back to the house. Afterwards it was story time under the covers and then some great adult conversation in the living room sans kids.
And then on Sunday, my neighbors had me over for a cookout where we made kabobs with bacon wrapped chicken, steak and scallops and drank cheap beer while watching the storm clouds form and produce some pretty intense lightning.
I am so thankful for my dear friends and their willingness to share life with me. It is a honor to have them invite me into their homes and to be a part of their family.
Without them, I think it would be much harder to learn how to live, laugh and love all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment