It has been so hot the past few weeks. Highs in the 100's with high humidity will keep anyone inside.
So, Calvin, Hobbes and I have been enjoying the inside temps and my DVR. Since I have HBO, Showtime and Skin-a-max free for the summer, I have been recording various movies on my DVR. So my nights and weekends have been filled with sitting in my favorite chair with at least one cat nearby or on my lap watching a movie. I can't believe how many movies that have come out the past 2 years or so that I haven't seen. It has been a great way to pass the time. I have to admit that I have recently watched Knight and Day, The Blind Side, Burlesque, The Social Network. Up in the Air, Dear John and a few others . I also have Eat, Pray, Love, Sherlock Holmes, and Toy Story 3 ready for my viewing pleasure.
Summer is also my busy time at work. So coming home and turning on the TV and unwinding while watching the latest TNT and USA Network summer TV series or some movie I have recorded has been nice. Gotta love Royal Pains, The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles and White Collar. Plus the new series Franklin and Bash has sparked my interest.
I know that sitting around and watching TV has cut into my exercise routine, but since it is so hot outside, I have no desire to do anything else. Plus, no more access to a 24 hour fitness center. I think it is time to join the Y or actually use the fitness center at work.
So here's to air conditioning, my favorite chair and the awesome 50 inch plasma TV that I scored in the divorce. Plus, I can't forget my Direct TV service. Hopefully, the cat days of summer will end soon and I can get back to being outside... or maybe not.
No comments:
Post a Comment