Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Therapy Session

So I am not ashamed to admit that I have been seeing a therapist for the past 8 months. When my life started to crumble, a dear friend recommended that I seek out help from a mental health professional. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but I am so thankful that I did. Having someone look at me from the outside in was so beneficial. It also allowed me to be honest with not only myself but someone else who I knew would never judge me. My therapist has also been a sounding board when it came to decisions that had to be made and tough love and guidance that needed to be dished out. She was someone who could be neutral and honest.

I am grateful for the therapist that I started seeing while still in Florida and still "see" via phone while now living in North Carolina. Tonight I had one of my phone sessions. We talked about moving forward and the new year. It was very reassuring to know that my life is now on the right track and to think about how far I have come as a person since last summer.

I would recommend to anyone who is going through a rough patch in their lives to seek out a trained professional. You will be amazed as to what you may learn about yourself and your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment