Monday, March 16, 2015

Whole New Facebook Feed

Part of being on the launch team for Jen's upcoming book is being a part of a private Facebook Group.  The group is only for other women (and a few men- looks like there are 3) that are members of the For The Love launch team.   The Facebook page is a way for Jen as well as the publisher to communicate to the group.  Yep Jen actually "talks" to us.  It is also a way for the group to communicate with each other.

One neat thing about the group is that people are making connections (I found a women that worked at Camp Oak Hill in the early 90's).  People are sharing prayer requests.  Sharing their blogs.  Sharing their stories.   Sharing Life.  Being Honest.  Yes we are talking about our favorite quotes or lessons learned --- but most importantly, the Gospel is coming to life  -- right there on Facebook.

The look and feel of my Facebook news feed is totally different now.  Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with my Facebook peeps.  I love each one of you dearly and I love seeing your posts.  But now my feed is full of so much more.

Now granted, it can be a little over whelming and I can't keep up with all of the posts.   It is crazy.  I don't know how some of these women are doing it.  Reading, taking care of multiple kids, running a house, being wives, posting on Facebook.   I have had a hard enough time just starting the book and I don't have all of those other things.

Well, I did have a test to study for and there was this thing called the ACC Tournament.  My Tarheels are important to me, especially during this time of the year.  There is no doubt about that.   But still.   How do the others find the time?

But there are moments when I want to check my "new" Facebook feed.  I want to see what others think about certain chapters.  I want to laugh with them.  I want to cry with them.  I want to pray for them.  I want advice. I want to support.   I want to love.  I want to share God's Grace.

I am really thankful to be a part of this group and a new and different Facebook feed.  If only Facebook knew what was really happening.  For The Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment