So earlier this week, I was the recipient of a very awesome email:
Knock, knock. Who's there? YOU, because YOU are on my Launch Team for 'For the Love'!! Yeah baby!! We only had room for 10% of all applicants (what the??), and we think you got the stuff. THANK YOU for your amazing enthusiasm; I couldn't possibly love you more if I tried with all my might. You are leading well and using your influence like a boss. We all think you are amazing. We are going to get this thing off the ground together! Let me tell you, launching a book is really fun. And some of you are going to end up on the inside cover, so THAT. I said on January 1st this year that one goal was to spend less time pleasing "Not My People" ... well let's be clear: YOU ARE MY PEOPLE. I love you so. I really do. I am loyally yours forever. Let's do this thing.
My marketing team will now tell you all the fun details.
- Jen
I immediately got very excited and turned around in the kitchen to tell Brandon. He tried to get excited for me (BLESS. HIS. HEART), but he had no idea why I was so excited. But he did acknowledge that if I was excited that he would be happy for me.
I am sure that some of you are saying the same thing. What’s the big deal? Who is Jen Hatmaker? Does she make hats or something?. But then I also know that there are a few of you that are excited for me and don’t lie, maybe a little jealous.
For those of you who have never heard of Jen Hatmaker, I highly recommend that you check out her blog, follow her on Twitter or Facebook and/or grab one of her books that she has already published. She is a Godly woman, full of grace and joy but most importantly... Complete Honesty. No sugar coating things for her.
I get to part of the inner circle of Jen Hatmaker’s peeps. It’s okay, we have been told that it’s okay to brag about this fact. It all started a few weeks ago when I read one of Jen’s (yep, we are on a first name basis now) blog posts inviting her people to be a part of the launch of her new book. I thought that it would be neat to apply, so I did. I never thought that I would get picked. There are a few perks to this “job”. I get an early copy of her new book entitled For The Love. Get to be a part of a secret Facebook group. And I get to write an endorsement for the book. The marketing team and Jen will pick the endorsements from the group and some of them will actually be published in the book. No celebrity endorsements, just us peeps. Jen’s peeps. How cool would that be!
The book officially releases on August 18, 2015 and you can pre-order it on Amazon.com and through Barnes and Noble.
As I am allowed, I will share more information about the book and about being a part of the launch team. Until then, please pray for the group of women (and a few men) that have been selected to be a part of this group. I am already seeing some pretty amazing works of God's grace in just a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment