So it was four years ago that I started this journey of learning how to live, love and laugh again.
It was four years ago that I took that leap of faith. It was four years ago, that I put all of my trust in God and came to the understanding that I was doing the right thing.
It was four years ago that I packed up the house, my bags, loaded up the car and headed north with two cats. It was four years ago that I left the life that I had known for almost 8 years -well 12 if you count the prior years. It was four years ago that I started a new job. Well new old job.
It was four years ago that I had to find a new place to live. A place that would be just mine. My first place by myself. It was four years ago when my mom talked me into looking at just one more place.
It was fours years ago that this tall and handsome guy first smiled at me before he showed me an apartment and then talked me into signing a lease. So as you have all probably figured out by now, that it was four years ago that B came into my life.
Little did we both know at that time that our paths would one day lead us to where we are now.
Yes, we dated for a while and then went in two different directions for a couple of years, but fate (well I think it is more then fate) has brought us back together.
And for that I am enterally grateful.
I knew four years ago that there was something different about B. There was just something about him and us that I don't think either one of us understood at that time. But we both know now that it was love. It took us longer then it should have for us to completely grasp what we both meant to each other. But we get it now.
We know that we are meant to be together. We know that we want to spend the rest of our lives together. We know that we are great friends- best friends actually. We know what we want. We know that the journey has been rough and the journey of life will always have challenges. But we know that with each other we can conquer anything.
I can't wait to see where the next 4 years take us. Well make that 4 times 40 years. Yep, we are going to live a long life together.
But until then, we are going to celebrate the love that we have and toast the future that we are going to have living, loving and laughing together.


No comments:
Post a Comment