Monday, May 19, 2014

A Sneak Peak Into the Future

So this weekend, I got a glimpse of what life is going to be like in just 3 months.  B decided to make a trip down South to take care of a few items in preparation of his permanent move down here at the end of the summer... which resulted in us getting to spend the weekend together.

Like a normal couple.  Yep,  I said it.  A couple.

It was nice.  We hung out with some of my co-workers at Lonerider brewery on Friday after work. Then had a date night out at Carolina Ale House which ended by enjoying the beautiful Spring evening on my back patio with more beer.  I promise we do more then just drink.  I am just trying my best to teach him that there are much better beers out there then just a Budweiser.

Saturday morning included cinnamon rolls, coffee and B doing homework at my kitchen table.  Well, he sat at the table, I sat outside on the patio enjoying the morning sun.

Hobbes was trying to help figure out the Algebra.  But decided to give up.
Then of course lunch was at Chick-fil-a.  I still can't believe that there aren't any in Detroit.

Saturday afternoon was filled with watching my small group (aka, Bible Study) leader get married.



So that meant that some of the girls from my small group got to meet B and give him their seal of approval.


And then of course came the tearful good-bye Sunday morning as B left to go back to Michigan.  Stupid Algebra class.  Why do you have to schedule tests on a Monday?

It's okay.  I will get to see him in July.  Yep, you read that correctly.  I have to wait until July before I will get to see him again.   But it will be fun because I am going up there.  I can't think of a better place to spend the July 4th holiday weekend then by meeting his family and getting to know the area that he has called home for so many years.

But I am so thankful that we had a spur of the moment weekend living life together.  One that was full of life, love and lots of laughter.    And I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment