Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Online Dating Take 2

Okay, so with some urging of friends and co-workers, I have decided to try online dating again.  This time I did some research on all of the different websites out there and choose eHarmony.

So during the great Snowmageddon or Snowapocalypse of 2014 (whatever name you want to call the snow storm that we had a couple of weeks ago), I sat down in my sweats, draped my UNC blanket over my legs, had Hobbes curled up beside me and with a BIG glass of red wine started my profile.

Before eHarmony will let you actually write your profile or upload any pictures, you have to go through a series of questions.  It took me an hour to just do this portion.  Then I spent about another hour uploading pictures and answering the questions that actually get posted to your profile.

And when I was done, I proof read it all and then clicked done. And poof..there was my profile.  My passions, my likes, my wants, my pictures all on a screen.   A screen that would hopefully be looked at by potential princes.

And then they show you the screen where you have to put your credit card number in.  You have the option of not paying for the service but you don't get to see pictures and you can't "communicate" past a certain point.   I decided I would wait a day and see if I got any action.

Well, I did and thanks to another snow day, I bit the bullet and put in the digits.  And then the real fun began.

Only time will tell if I have as much fun with all of the dates as I did the last time.   But I have decided that I am probably not going to share as much about my dates this time around.  But who knows, that may change.  I will just see how it goes.

But for those of you who want to keep tally--- I have met three guys in person and chatted online with a few others.   I even had a date last 3 1/2 hours one night -- it involved getting kicked out of Caribou because it was closing time.  I have eaten a few meals, had some coffee, watched some basketball, gone to the park, watched a movie and had numerous beers. So yeah, you do the math... I have seen two of the guys more then once.  I will admit that one was a one and done.

I promise to keep you all posted on my search for my Prince.  This Princess is going to find the man of her dreams and is going to get to live happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment