And nope, it's not Christmas time. Even though it feels like it could be because the cold weather still lingers around. I sense a turning point. I see the sun. I see the flowers. But most importantly, it's March. And we all know what happens in March. Well at least those of you who have any liking of college sports knows what happens in March. It's time for March Madness. It's time for some basketball. And I mean hard core basketball.
It's the time of the year when my social life will revolve around basketball. It's the time of the year that I don't make plans until the brackets are posted and times are announced. It's the time of the year that I tell people, I will come over, but the games have to be on.
It's the time of the year when I pick my favorites. It's time to fill in the brackets. It's time to talk some smack. It's the time of the year that I turn into a fanatic. Okay, well maybe I am a fanatic all year round. But this time of the year, I know I get worse. It's the time of the year when my TV stays tuned to ESPN, CBS and all of the other cable affiliates that will be the home of basketball for the next few weeks. It's the time of the year that I watch more then one game....I mean isn't that what a laptop is for. And who has an iPad that I can borrow?
It's time for beer, wings and other junk food. It's time for yelling. It's time for upsets, bracket busters, bubble teams, Cinderellas (and I am not talking Disney Princesses in this post), and it's time for my Heels to dig in and play some ball. And I mean some real ball. Time to run the court. Grab those rebounds and score. And please, oh please, make your free throws.
It's the time of year that I scare some of my friends. It's the time of year when I just don't leave the house at night unless it's to go to a sports bar. And this year, I hope it's the time that I attract a guy that will watch the craziness with me. Or maybe I should just put a pause on my dating until after the Madness is over. I may scare someone away.
So as the month of March gets going... I promise I am not crazy....I'm just a college basketball fan.....A UNC Tarheel fan at that. Because I AM a TARHEEL!!
And this is how we roll at the office....

No comments:
Post a Comment