Wow, it is already August, well technically, it's August 11th. So where did the first 11 days go? Or better yet, where the heck did my summer go? Oh, I know, it flew by. And I don't really feel like I have been able to enjoy it. Now don't get me wrong. I got to go to the beach twice and the mountains too, but those were just weekend trips. Since it is the busiest time for me at work, summer's are always tough. I am discouraged from taking a lot of time off from work, but this summer has been a lot tougher. So I really don't get a summer vacation. And this summer my workload is a lot different and I was needed more at the office.
Hopefully, what I have named the organized chaos will start to calm down. Summer camp season is ending, kids are going back to school, facilites are shutting down, all signs of a calmer desk.
But I have made a decision, even with busy work days still on the horizon, I need to start having a little fun. With the start of August, ok so 11 days into a new month, my goal is to work on living life again.
I am going to do a much better job of trying to leave work at work and focus on living life afterwards. I miss my friends. I miss smiling and I miss having fun.
I want to take an adventure. I want to spend time outdoors. I want to try new wines, new beer and maybe make some new friends.
So, this pass week, I think I did a really good job. I caught up with some old friends, made a few new ones, went to a charity event, hung out at a brewery (Thanks Redwoods Claims Crew) and got much better at my workout regime.
My social calendar still has lots of openings. Let me know what you are up to. Maybe I will just join in on the fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment