So, I have been out of commission the last few days, but I am almost back to feeling 100% and starting to get back into my routine.
Being sick really stunk. But looking back over the past week, I realized that it was a way for my body to tell me that I needed a break. I needed to rest, I needed to stay home, I needed to catch up on all my shows and empty my DVR, I needed to think but most importantly, I needed to use all of the Kleenex's in my house.
All joking aside, I think my body is now recharged. All of the mucus is now out of my sinus cavity and my coughing has stopped. Good thing, because I would have to have to resort to using toilet paper for blowing my nose.
And even though I did have to work a few hours from home on Thursday and Friday, I feel that I was able to get the much needed rest that my body had been screaming for.
I want to thank ya'll for the well wishes, text messages and even the visit from the Panera fairy. Let's just say I was well fed on Friday and very grateful for two meals that I did not have to make.
But I am ready to face life again. I went back to work yesterday and survived the returning of emails and phone messages. And I was able to tackle the rest of the back log of mail today. So I am now current at work and back into the swing of things.
Including my nightly workouts. Yesterday, I started small and just took a brisk around the neighborhood and tonight the Wii and I had a little fun sweating it out.
Tomorrow, it is back in the fitness center with a co-worker or two. Time to get ready for bathing suit season, oh, yeah, that's right, that time has past. So maybe it is time to get ready for heavy and thick beer season. And all of that yummy fall food.
Oh, I don't want to think about that. I just want to enjoy my beer on the back patio while listening to the bugs (and the sirens in the distance - the fire/ems station isn't that far away).
And and most importantly, I am back in the game. Back in the social scene. Back to figuring how what life is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment