Monday, December 12, 2011

Those three little words....

A girl always dreams about the moment when she hears those three little words from someone other then a relative.  Now don't get all excited, I said THREE little words, not FOUR little words.

So while enjoying a warm fire one night, I heard those three words come out of the mouth of the person who was right there with me.   It was three words that I wasn't expecting to hear and to be honest they caught me off guard.   Hearing them also brought tears to my eyes.   However,  my tears were not ones of sadness but ones of joy.  

For several minutes, I just let those three words sink it.   I think I was trying to make sure that I had heard him right.    I also wanted to savor the moment.

It has been a long time since I have heard those words.   Now don't get me wrong, I have some friends and most definetly some family members say them to me.  But to have a guy, someone that I am dating, someone that I enjoy spending time with, someone that I was curled up with, say them to me, meant something totally different.

I Love You.   I never knew how much I cherished those words until I heard them.  I Love You.   I never knew how much I craved them.   I Love You.   I never knew how much I wanted to hear them.

And now I know that I can say.......

I Love You Too.

I never knew how this journey that I have been on to learn how to live, laugh and love would bring me to realization that I have conquered my task.

I have learned how to live.  I have learned how to laugh.  And now I have learned how to love.

So lessons learned.   Now I am even more excited to see what life has in store for me next.  


No comments:

Post a Comment