Thursday, September 15, 2011

September

So I was listening to Pandora the other day on my iPhone at work and a song came on with “September” in the title.  It got me thinking about other songs that I know that have the month of September in the title and I wanted to know how many others were out there.  
My quick Google search came up with at least 12 songs with “September” in the title but I am sure that there are more.      And then I got to thinking about why is September such a popular month for songs.  Could it be the end of summer, the start of fall, the beginning of school, or the start of football season.   Which got me thinking that obviously this month has a big impact on people and their lives.  Why else would you write so many songs about it.   And then it occurred that a lot of changes can and do happen during the month.
And the same goes for my life.
Exactly one year ago this month, my journey of life on my own...   in a new place ..... with a new job and new friends started. 
It actaully all started with a phone call that I received one year ago.  That phone call was a job offer.   That phone call was an opportunity.  That phone call was hope.   That phone call was the one that I had been praying for.  And that phone call came at a perfect time.    It came on day in the middle of the week in the month of September. 
What happened next is still a blur because it all happened so quickly.   A road trip from Florida to North Carolina, a whirlwind of meetings and a sprint to find a place to live.   Then a road trip back to Florida to pack up my belongings, meet with movers, meet with my attorney and say goodbye. 
And then I made of the one of the longest drives of my life with two cats, a car full of my belongings, tears streaming down my face,  to start my new life as I know it now. 
Wow, to think that all of this happened over a course of a week in September one year ago. 
As I think about what has happened over the past year and where I am now, I am still amazed.  The people that I have met, the new friends that I have made, the community that I have gotten involved in, the job that I have, my new place to call home.   
Maybe I should write a song about September.  I think the lyrics would be full of life, laughter and love.  I think that it could be a song about how the month of September changed my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment