Thursday, September 29, 2011

Date #1 and Potential Match #1

So I will let everyone in on a little secret.  Earlier this week, I set up a match.com account.  I thought I would try this whole internet dating world and see how it goes.   Now, that is not to say that I wouldn't welcome any other offers or dates from friends of friends or anything, but I thought it was worth a shot.

And Wednesday night I had my first "date" as a result of someone that I met online.  I am not going to use real names as to not give any one away.  So we will call Potential Match #1 Will.

So Will and I have been exchanging email and text messages since Sunday.  I told him about my current medical condition and he insisted on bringing me dinner.  So I allowed him to come over with egg drop soup and fried rice.

And before you scrowl at me for giving him my address, I checked him out really well before doing it and decided that a single dad couldn't be all that bad.  (And yes, mom, I know more about the child.  He has a daughter who is  2 and I got to meet her and she is just as cute as she can be and very precious.)  I also told a friend, that he was coming over and who he was and when he would be here and then I checked back in with her once he left.

He was really sweet and even offered to say the blessing before we ate.  What a great change of pace.   We sat at the kitchen table and talked while we ate and exchanged stories of the downfalls of our recent marriages.

Now since it was chinese take-out that meant we had fortune cookies and you will never guess what they said:

First one: "To love and win is the best thing; to love and lose the next best"

Second one: "A passionate new romance will appear in your life when you least expect it"

I swear, that is what they were.  I kept them as proof.  I think Someone is trying to tell me something.

Overall, I would consider date #1 a success.  We have plans to go out to eat next week as long as I am feeling better.

Only time will tell....but at least I feel like I back to learning how to live, laugh and love all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it went so well! And for your mom and any other folks out there shaking heads - I am keeping his profile in the event that we need to go after him with pitchforks! ;)

    ReplyDelete