Monday, June 20, 2011

One year ago today.....

So today is another milestone. Exactly one year ago today the life as I knew it at that time changed forever. One year ago today, the love of my life and best friend went to a meeting and never came home again. One year ago today my heart broke into a million pieces. One year ago today, Jason walked out of my life.

However, as I think about the events of June 20, 2010, I never would have imagined at that time that I would be where I am today. The pain, the tears, the uncertainty, the anger, the bitterness, and the grief that were present on that day are starting to fade.

As I think about how I felt on that day and what was going through my mind, I am amazed at where I am today. I have come a long way. I know that I am a much stronger woman now. I know that I have a great job and can support myself. I know that I have awesome and supportive friends and family members. I know that I am going to be just fine. I know that there is life without the person who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I know that I am going to be okay.

A lot has happened in a year. A lot of change, new adventures, new life, new job, new house, new friends, new church, etc. And I am so looking forward to what the next year brings.

I can’t wait to continue my journey of learning to live, laugh and love all over again.

1 comment: