Sunday, June 12, 2011

Organized Chaos

So I am all moved into my new place. And moved in means, all of my stuff is inside. That does not mean that all of my stuff is out of the boxes. It is what I like to call "organized chaos" right now. There are boxes in every room. Except for my bedroom. I did unpack the last box in that room after the second night. I couldn't stand trying to fall asleep with boxes sitting around in eyesight. Plus Calvin was having way to much fun at night playing in and out of them

But that is the only room that I can claim as being all unpacked. It is actually kind of organized too. It aids in the calming effect that I now desire at night. Plus with a paint color like "evening stroll" on the walls, how can it not do nothing but radiate calmness.

I am really enjoying my new place. I even cooked on the gas stove for the first time the other night. I started out with the basic mac and cheese and then ventured into stir fry the second night. I think I am starting to get the hang of it. Plus I love how fast water boils now. But not quite used to the gas smell yet. But don't worry I do have a carbon monoxide detector installed so I am not going to pass away in my sleep.

I am also enjoying the patio out back. For the better part of the day, the patio is shaded by the townhouse and when it is not shaded, I can use the nice big umbrella that I have. My neighbors have already commented on their jealousy of my sectional and table and chairs, but they have a fire pit, so I know where I will be come fall. Or at least where their fire pit will be come fall. Since it is not real humid yet, I have been able to eat outside at night. Which is good, because the kitchen table is covered with pictures that need to be hung. I guess my motivation to hang them will come when the temps and humidity become unbearable. But that also means I will need some assistance in completing the task.

As for Calvin and Hobbes, they seem to be adjusting to their new home as well. Calvin loves to sit and look at the window by the front door and watch me leave in the morning and then he loves to watch me come home. I am not sure if he just sits there all day or not. Probably not since he also makes me pull up the blinds in the living room window so he can look at back. He was so excited the morning that the landscapers were cutting the grass. Hobbes just loves to lay on the sofa under the air vent and then a spot on the hardwood floor near the kitchen. He also loves to run up and down the stairs. I think that he has decided that in his old age, he needs to get back in shape.

I promise to post pictures soon. I don't have internet yet at the house, so I am currently at Caribou taking advantage of the free wifi and totally forget to bring the camera to off load and up load the pictures.

Until then, you will just have to use your imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it honey! Will try to get a package in the mail to you this week. :)

    ReplyDelete