Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Roses are red, violets are blue, my assistant got flowers, chocolate and a balloon.

Even though they were for her, I still got to enjoy the look and smell of them for the afternoon. Maybe tomorrow she will share some of the chocolates.

It's days like today that remind me that once again I am single. However, it was fun to watch the look on my assistant's face as she came back to the pod with the gift in her hands from her "gentleman friend". I got to enjoy her surprise and do a little laughing with her over it. It was also a great reminder of how simple love can be.

This is my first Valentines alone in over 11 years. But it is not a bad alone. Tonight I am enjoying the quiet of the evening with a glass of wine and leftover pizza. I also got a package from my parents with a book and an awesome pair of socks. I can't wait to share the book with you as time goes on.

So here's to Saint Valentine and Hallmark for creating a day that is supposed to be full of love. I hope that your day was full of love but more hopeful that YOUR LIFE will be full of LOVE.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of my dear friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Jack sends you kisses...LOTS AND LOTS of kisses. {And with the volume of snot from this kid lately, I GUARANTEE you would have them on you for a L O N G time. :) } Love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete