Monday, February 21, 2011

Girl's Weekend


On Friday I ventured to Kure Beach, NC with 5 wonderful girlfriends for a weekend of fun and relaxation. We all brought something sweet, something salty and something alcoholic to share. We took long walks on the beach, looked for shells, did a little dancing, played some games and of course ate and drank.




Who needs fancy nightclubs or crowded bars when you have wine, comfy pants and Wii Just Dance 2. We all took turns and wore ourselves out. I really wish that I had video, because pictures just don't do the game justice.






The funny thing is that we stayed at a fully furnished townhouse located right on the beach. Our unit was on the end. We had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, two decks, lots of rocking chairs, a swing, and full kitchen. The unit had everything that we could possibly need except one thing...... there were NO wine glasses. So of course we found substitutes, in the form of regular glasses and now our infamous blue plastic solo cups. There is nothing like drinking wine out of a plastic cup.

The weather was awesome, the fellowship fun and the relaxation and sharing was a blast. Overall it was a great weekend for learning to live, laugh and love again.

1 comment:

  1. I had a blast babe! Thanks for taking me along, and I'm sooo gonna need Just Dance 2!

    ReplyDelete