Sunday, August 17, 2014

New Digs and New Kids at Summit Kids

So now I know how teachers feel at the start of the school year, especially those in new schools or new classrooms.  I was so excited to go to church yesterday, because this week was the great unveiling of the new kids space at The Summit Church.  I was giddy like a school girl and wide eyed like all of the kids.


We have been waiting for it all summer and let me tell you it was worth the wait.  I got a sneak peak at the space on Monday but it was not quite done yet and even though I was amazed at what I saw then, it was nothing like yesterday.

The entire wing is brand new.  The rooms, the chairs, the toys, the games, the cribs and even the changing tables.    I got to take the plastic off several items when I arrived.

And to top it all off, we also got brand new high tech kids worship rooms.








It will take me awhile to figure out how to use all of the equipment, the 2 minute lesson that I received yesterday was just to cover the basics.  I will even have a head set mic to use.

OMG!!!  (and that's gosh since I am talking about church)

It was really cool to be up on stage, with the lights, the big fancy screen, the sound system and as I sang and danced and worshiped with the kids,  I was in awe.

I am so thankful that my awesome church decided to invest so much in the children programs.  Children really are our future.  And I am very blessed to be serving them each week and hopefully instilling in their hearts the love and grace of Christ.

And as I send them back out into the world with their parents at the end of the hour, my prayer is that they take the Gospel to heart and come back next week so we can have fun all over again.





No comments:

Post a Comment