The Durham Bulls hosted a food truck rodeo with post game fireworks on Wednesday, July 2nd. I could think of no better way to start out the Holiday weekend then with, good food, beer, baseball and fireworks.
| The Food Trucks along the outfield concourse |
Then the adventure started on Thursday with a journey to Belmont. It was time for B to meet my brother and his family and the rest of my crazy relatives. (haha, just joking H, M and L and D). Which meant that B got to meet my sweet little pumpkin (AKA, my nephew).
Here they are having their first discussion:
| There was nothing but smiles and giggles |
We also set off some "baby" fireworks for O to be enjoy them. I know, it's light out, and the picture doesn't really do them justice, but O liked them and that is all that matters.
And of course before we could leave the next morning, we had to get more O snuggles.
After we left Belmont, we journeyed to Tryon, NC, the friendliest town in the South. At least that is what their signs says. I will have to agree through, we did encounter lots of friendly people as we cruised around Lake Lanier with some of B's friends from Michigan who just happen to live in North Carolina now too.
After we left Tryon, we headed up I-26 to Asheville. And no stop in Asheville, is right without a stop at a brewery or in our case two.
Not a bad way to spend a nice long weekend. I can't wait for our next adventure.







No comments:
Post a Comment