I have been feeling the love the past couple of weeks. I have received lots of cards, texts, messages via FaceBook and lots and lots of hugs. I have also had some very benifical conversations with many of you as well.
When I need a little pick me up, I usually reach over the back of the sofa and grab a random card. There is always a sweet note or message of encouragement inside waiting for me to re-read. It makes me feel so special.
I have also been feeling the love from my boys. Calvin and Hobbes have been so cute and do not let me out of their sight. They are also great snuggle buddies, which has come in handy, since it has been so cold.
I am also not only feeling the love, but I am trying my best to share the love. The past few days, I have decided that it is time to tackle the long list of thank you cards that need to be sent out. I know that Mom would be proud but is probably scolding me to taking this long. I just couldn't make myself do it. But at least I can work on them while watching basketball.
Two of Mom's love-- basketball and sending people cards. I think she kept Hallmark, Dayspring and the US Postal Service in business all of her own.
I still have what I call good moments and bad moments. And I am allowing myself to have my bad moments. I am still a long way off from feeling like I am my old self again. I find it very hard to get excited or laugh.
However, I had a few moments of laughing and excitement Thursday at the office as my team won Risk Madness (our office's version of March Madness where we learned about our risk management department).
![]() |
| Just looking at the trophy should make you laugh. |


No comments:
Post a Comment