Now, I bet you are trying to figure out what the heck, I am talking about. Well, one word. Painting. Belgium waffle is the color of my bathroom and innuendo is the color of the kitchen and half bath. And then I spent time unpacking a few more boxes.
One thing about bathroom and kitchen painting is that it is really just a job for one. Not a lot of space to maneuver and only one person should climb on top of the fridge at a time. So since I didn't really have any other plans for the weekend, I spent my long holiday weekend painting bathrooms and the kitchen.
For some reason, I really enjoy to paint. Maybe it is because of all of the practice that I have had over the years. Or maybe it is because it doesn't take a lot of thought. Just time and energy. Or maybe because it is my way to put my mark on the place. Plus, it is a great form of exercise. I am feeling it in my thighs a little this morning.
But one thing I do know is that I actually find painting therapeutic.
The more I paint and the more I get unpacked, the more my new place is really starting to feel like home.
Next items on the to do list are to hang shelves, pictures and organize closets and such.
I promise, pictures will come soon. Still no Internet at the house, so uploading has to wait.
Not a bad way to spend time learning to live, laugh and love again.
No comments:
Post a Comment