This morning Jason had to stand in front of a judge in Orlando, Florida and ask for his marriage to be dissolved. I wasn't there to witness it and part of me is glad that I wasn't. However, there is a part of me that wishes that I could have been there, but since I didn't legally have to be there, I choose not to go.
I received word at about 10 this morning that the hearing went smoothly and that the judge had signed off on the agreement. I will receive certified copies of the Final Judgment sometime next week. So as of this morning, I am now legally divorced. And that chapter of my life is finally over.
I am grateful for so many of you that have been by my side both physically and emotionally these last few months. You have encouraged me, prayed for me, sent me cards and emails, taken me out, and just listened. I could not have gotten to the place where I am today without you. So thank you.
I am especially grateful for the 3 women at the office today who sat with me and cried when I got the news. Two of them even went out at lunch and got me this beautiful card and a big bag of M&M's (which I shared and no they are not all gone yet).
Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts these last few days and especially today. Today was tougher then I thought it would be.
I know that I still have a journey in front of me. I still have some grieving to do and I know that as time passes the grief will slowly go away. So please continue to pray for me and encourage and support me.
But most importantly, please live, laugh and love with me as I officially and legally start a new chapter in this book called life.
I'm glad for your sake that it is finally over. I know that many great things will happen for you now.
ReplyDelete*hugs* Thought of you a lot today. Agree also with Elizabeth - great things are coming.
ReplyDelete