Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Three Little Letters

So a couple of weeks ago I accomplished a pretty big career goal.  After 2 years, I finally finished my Associate in Claims or AIC.   I have been studying, reading and taking tests for the past two years and I hate to read when I don't have to and I hate taking tests even more.  But I have been torturing myself for quite some time now.  I had to study for and pass all six tests in order to complete all of the requirements to earn the designation.  And a couple of weeks ago, I did just that.  I passed my 6th and final tests and now, I have the certificate to prove it.

I think it needs a frame!
I have earned the Associate in Claims designation.

The AIC is an insurance designation that is recognized specifically in the insurance claims industry.  It solidifies that not only do I have the experience in claims but I got the skills, know the terms and have the book smarts too.   Think of it like earning a masters degree, this one is just more specific to the insurance industry.  Basically, it is a pretty big deal.

And now I get to add the initials AIC after my name on letterhead, business cards, emails and anything else I want at work.  I could do it outside of work, but that would just be a little nerdy.

I don't normally like to brag, but I am going to.  I am really proud of myself and I have worked hard and now I have something to show for all of my hard work and to prove that I really am good at my job and know my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment