So life has very different lately. Different in good ways and also different in difficult ways. Life has also been busy. But then there were times when it was quiet, sometimes a little too quiet, but I have learned that the quiet time, the "me time", has been well overdue.
There have been changes going on at work. In case you missed that big announcement, you can get a re-fresher here: Redwoods is now part of Crum & Forster
These changes have been for the good, but have come with challenges. New systems to learn, new relationships to develop, new co-workers, new processes. Just a lot of change. But change in a good way. Change in an exciting way.
Many of you are also aware of the fact that I am on the launch team for Jen Hatmaker's new book, For the Love. If you aren't, then I just can't even deal with you right now because obviously you haven't been paying attention to the blog or my Facebook timeline or my conversations.
My involvement with the launch team has lead to new friendships, new ways to share, new ideas, lots of reading, lots of writing, and lots of highlighting. Lots of changes to my Facebook Feed. I have been so blessed to be a part of this team and can't wait to really start sharing with others what I have learned about what it means to live as a Christian women in this day and age. I have learned that I need to work on making changes in my life and how I live my life.
The amazing staff at The Summit Church also made me take a break from my responsibilites on Saturday nights with Summit Kids for July and half of August. So my weekends have been freed up. That has been a big change beacause I was so used to not being able to make plans for Saturday afternoons. So I have been out and about. Been Traveling. Spending time with people. Done some more traveling. I think the staff thought I would use the time to rest and recharge my batteries, but I have filled it up instead. But I promise, some of those adventures did allow me to recharge as well. But that change is ending. I start back this week as Team Leader for the Saturday Elementary Summit Kids Team.
But one change that I have not told many of you about is that life is now (and actually has been for a a few months now) just about me. There is no more "we" in my life. I haven't wanted to make a big deal about this change in status, but a few of you have started to catch on and I decided that it was time to help you read between the lines. I have gone through this before. More times than I wish. But it is a part of life. It can be a part of relationships and it is what it is.
And to answer everyone's question, I am okay. It hasn't been an easy change, but it is a change that has happened and it is a change that I have come to accept.
I am not going to go into details about it. If you want to know more, you know how to get in touch with me. But I felt like it was time for me to tell everyone. Who knows what the future holds.
Who knows what changes are going to happen next.
But one thing that I have learned is that I am not in control. God has a plan for my life. God knows what changes are coming. God knows what he wants me to do. I just have to let God take control and lead me.
So here's to change.
No comments:
Post a Comment