Or after this past weekend, it should be Cinco de Mayo storms with high winds and hail, bring a mess in the back yard and wet sofa cushions. But at least I enjoyed my margaritas.
So April was a month that was full of all kinds of emotions and life events. It was a time of change, reflection, rejoicing, celebrating, forgiving, and realizations. But most importantly, the end of the month and the beginning of a new one has brought about a fresh start.
During the month of April, I learned an important lesson about love. Love can be scary and love can make you scared. Love can make you second guess. It can cause, what you think to be doubt, fear, and disbelief. It can cause you to make mountains out of mole hills. It can make you wonder if you are doing the right thing. It can make you feel like you have to run far, far away. Love can make you do stupid things and make mistakes.
But most importantly, love can make you rethink change. It can make you look at the big picture. It can make you have the tough conversations. It can make you understand. It can help you realize the truth. And it can help make you ask for forgiveness. It can make you confront the truth.
Love can work the way that it is supposed to. You just have to allow it to do its job.
So as I look out on the blooming rose bushes and other flowers in my front yard, I can think about the beauty of a fresh start. Just as the rose buds are opening and spreading lots of color in the flower bed, there is something new opening up in my heart.
And I want to try really hard to figure out what that something is and what it all means.
No comments:
Post a Comment