I think I have totally figured out this whole Sunday=the Sabbath=a day of rest idea. I have gotten into the habit lately of making Sunday as relaxing as possible. Well, at least Sunday afternoon. Not sure if it has anything to do with the 12-25 kindergartens that I can have during Summit Kids, or the high energy worship and teaching service that I attend. Or it can be that I have just been so busy during the week and on the weekend's lately, that my body is just needing a rest.
So today, on this Sunday, on this day of rest....I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. And it felt good. I put on my comfy flannel pants and a long sleeve t-shirt and curled up on the sofa with Calvin and Hobbes and slept. And it was a nice rest. I cut my brain off, I closed my eyes and I slept.
And now I am ready to tackle the week. But there will be more relaxing tonight first, maybe a movie will be watched, or a book read, or maybe a little basketball...got to figure out what the seeding is going to be for next weekend's ACC Tournament. But no need to stress about where my Heels will be. We took care of business last night. 18 points. Enough said about that.
So I think that I am going to try my best to work this rest time into my regular routine. We all need to take a break from time to time. Our minds need it, our bodies need it and our hearts need it. Plus, if God thought it was important to rest after creating the world, then I think we should all rest too.
So part of learning how to live, laugh and love, also means learning how to relax and rest. Go Figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment